We strive to help all our sellers be successful on pay4gud, so we’ve put a range of protections in place so you can sell with confidence.
From fair performance evaluations to final value fee credits for unpaid items, we want our sellers to know they’re participating in a marketplace they can trust. Please read our full policy below to see the full details of how we aim to protect you when you’re selling on pay4gud.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I make sure I get paid?
When a buyer wins an auction or buys an item, they’re obligated to complete the sale by paying you. The vast majority of buyers pay quickly, but if a buyer doesn’t pay within 2 days, you can open an unpaid item case. If an unpaid item case closes without payment from the buyer, you’ll receive a final value fee credit for your listing.
How am I protected in pay4gud Money Back Guarantee cases?
If pay4gud is asked to step in and help after a buyer has opened an pay4gud Money Back Guarantee case, there are many things that we’ll take a look at before making a decision. You’ll also be protected from losing a case if certain criteria are met. For example, if you ship an item within your stated handling time and provide tracking information to the buyer before you or the buyer asks us to step in, you’re protected.
Read our full policy
Seller protection policy overview
How you’re protected
pay4gud protects you from many events outside your control and is here for you when things don’t go as planned.
This policy outlines the protections pay4gud gives you if:
- An item arrives late that you shipped on time
- There are carrier disruptions, bugs, or severe weather
- A returned item has been opened, used, or damaged
- A buyer retracts their bid or doesn’t pay
- A buyer changes their order or requests something extra
- A buyer has an unusual rate of complaints or returns
- Your Seller Performance Standards are impacted
- You ship within your handling time to an international buyer
- You have pay4gud Money Back Guarantee requests
- Follow our best practices to help avoid transaction problems
An item arrives late that you shipped on time
We automatically adjust your late shipment rate, and remove feedback when:
- The shipment receives a carrier scan within your handling time, even if it arrives late
- The shipment receives a delivery scan by the estimated delivery, even if you shipped it late
- If the shipment doesn’t receive any carrier scan and there’s no tracking info available, but the buyer doesn’t indicate the shipment was late it will not count as a late shipment
There are carrier disruptions, bugs, or severe weather
We automatically adjust your late shipment rate, remove canceled transaction defects and remove feedback when:
- The shipment receives a carrier scan within your handling time, even if it arrives late due to carrier disruption, pay4gud site bugs, natural disaster or severe weather
- If the shipment receives a delivery scan within the estimated delivery date range, even if you shipped it late
- Events listed on the announcement board are covered by this protection
A returned item has been opened, used, or damaged
When you offer free returns and accept the return:
- You will have access to use the partial refund tool for items that come back used, damaged, or missing parts
- If the buyer leaves negative or neutral feedback for any reason or escalates an pay4gud Money Back Guarantee claim, we will automatically remove the feedback and protect you from impacts to your standards
- If the buyer escalates, pay4gud will resolve the issue directly with the buyer, and you don’t need to worry
A buyer retracts their bid or doesn’t pay
- If you cancel a transaction when a buyer retracts their bid, we will remove canceled transaction defects and remove feedback
- If the buyer doesn’t pay and you file and close an unpaid item request, we will remove feedback and cancelled transaction defects and you will be refunded the final value fee
- To prevent unpaid items, you can require immediate payment from buyers
A buyer changes their order or requests something extra
You never have to agree to any changes to the terms in your listing or to add additional items. If the buyer demands a change to what you originally offered or something extra, you can either cancel the order or ship under the original terms knowing we will remove feedback and defects when we can see the buyer’s demands or request for changes in pay4gud messages.
A buyer has an unusual rate of complaints or returns
- We have developed ways to detect if a buyer is abusing the returns process and have the ability to prevent them from starting a return
- We employ several measures to identify when a buyer leaves a lot of negative or neutral feedback or opens a lot of claims or returns. In these situations, we may take action to prevent a buyer from starting a return or a claim and we will remove feedback and defects
- If we take action on a buyer for violating the Buying Practices policy, we will remove feedback and any defects from that buyer
Your Seller Performance Standards are impacted
Fair performance evaluation
To measure your overall performance accurately, we look at your performance as a whole. We also consider a buyer’s pattern for opening cases and protect you when necessary.
Transaction defect rate
- The transaction defect rate won’t count in your seller performance status until you have transactions with defects from at least 4 different buyers within your evaluation period
- Buyers don’t see your defect rate
pay4gud Top Rated Seller grace period
If you are a Top Rated Seller and fall below the sales and tracking requirements for Top Rated Seller status, you may qualify for the Top Rated Seller grace period. During the Top Rated Seller grace period you retain your Top Rated Seller status and benefits, and you have 2 evaluation cycles to get your transaction count, sales amount, and/or tracking requirements back to minimum program requirements.
- You otherwise have a Top Rated Seller performance rating; and
- You’ve been a Top Rated Seller for the last 3 (or more) consecutive months immediately preceding evaluation
If you don’t meet sales and tracking requirements and performance standards after the grace period ends, you will lose your Top Rated Seller status and benefits.
Learn more about becoming a Top Rated Seller.
You have pay4gud Money Back Guarantee requests
If we close an pay4gud Money Back Guarantee case or appeal request in favor of the seller we will remove negative feedback and defects
If a buyer reports that an item hasn’t been received
If you ship an item within your stated handling time and provide tracking information to the buyer before you or the buyer asks us to step in and help with a request, you’re protected.
Tracking information needs to include:
- A delivery status of “delivered”
- The date of delivery
- The recipient’s address
- Signature confirmation, if an item has a total cost of Rs. 1000 or more
If a buyer reports that an item isn’t as described
If the buyer submits a return request because an item isn’t as described in the listing, you are protected from negative and neutral feedback if you offer free returns, accept the return, and give a refund.
Other resolution methods
Buyers can’t use more than one resolution method to get a refund. After selecting a resolution method, a buyer is required to use that process for the duration of the resolution effort.
- If a buyer files a chargeback, any requests opened with pay4gud Money Back Guarantee for the same transaction are immediately closed
- request for the same transaction
If you lose a chargeback after you reimburse pay4gud or the buyer, you can appeal the decision by providing evidence of the lost chargeback.
Keep in mind
Remember that even if the buyer doesn’t ask us to step in and help with an item that wasn’t received, the request may still count as a transaction defect if you canceled the transaction because you were out of stock. Learn more about our seller performance standards.
Learn more about pay4gud Money Back Guarantee.
Learn more about the Seller Performance and Feedback policy.