For this reason, and to comply with local legal restrictions, some categories of products are restricted, or completely banned from being listed.
If you’re not sure if an item you’re intending to list is allowed or not, choose the relevant category from the list below to find out.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I find out what items are allowed on pay4gud?
If you’re not sure whether your item can be listed on pay4gud, check our list of prohibited and restricted items below.
What do I do if I see an item that isn’t allowed?
If you see a listing that violates one of our policies, report it by clicking Report item in the listing.
pay4gud prohibited and restricted items
Adult items policy
Animals and wildlife products policy
Selling art policy
Artifacts, cultural heritage, and grave-related items policy
Autographed items policy
Catalytic converter and test pipes policy
Used clothing policy
Credit and debit cards policy
Digitally delivered goods policy
Drugs and drug paraphernalia policy
Electrical and electronic equipment policy
Embargoed goods and prohibited countries policy
Encouraging illegal activity policy
Firearms,weapons and knives policy
Gift cards policy
Government, transit, and shipping-related items policy
Government documents, IDs and licences policy
Hazardous, restricted, or regulated materials policy
Human remains and body parts policy
Lock picking devices policy
Chance listings policy
Mailing lists and personal information policy
Medical drugs, devices, and healthcare policy
Personal relationships and services policy
Police-related items policy
Real estate policy
Recalled items policy
Event ticket policy
Slot machines policy
Stamps, currency and coins policy
Stocks and other securities policy
Stolen property policy
Used cosmetics policy
Stamps, currency, and coins policy overview
To help ensure buyer confidence in the stamps, currency, and coins listed on pay4gud, we’ve established a set of guidelines for our sellers to follow. These guidelines cover what can and can’t be sold on pay4gud, and the requirements for certain listings.
- Most countries strictly prohibit the sale of counterfeit currency and stamps as well as equipment designed to make them. These types of items can’t be listed on pay4gud
- We allow listings for replica stamps and paper money as long as you follow the policy guidelines
- Replica coins aren’t allowed. All other stamps, coins, and paper money must be accurately described
- Replica, plated, or clad bullion isn’t allowed
- Coin and paper currency listings can only mention a grade in the title or listing when that grade has been given by an approved grading company
- Coin and paper currency listings over a certain value must be graded by an approved grading company
Make sure your listing follows these guidelines. If it doesn’t, it may be removed, and you may be subject to a range of other actions, including limits of your buying and selling privileges and suspension of your account.
Read our full policy
Prohibited and restricted items policy overview
Before listing your item, make sure we allow it on pay4gud, and find out if we have specific rules and conditions on how you should list it. Check the list of prohibited and restricted items below. You also need to make sure that the sale of your item complies with all laws and any additional restrictions applicable to payment services offered on pay4gud such as credit card association or network rules.
Make sure your listings and products follow these guidelines. If they don’t, they may be removed, and you may be subject to a range of other actions, including restrictions of your buying and selling privileges and suspension of your account.
Understanding the rules
Our policies are often based on country and state laws, although in some cases, we may also base our policies on input from our members and our own discretion, especially for dangerous or sensitive items.
Read and understand our policies before listing items. Follow our guidelines and review our examples so you know beforehand what you can and can’t sell on pay4gud.
The list of prohibited and restricted items below covers items you can list under certain conditions, and items that we don’t allow at all. In our medical drugs and devices policy, for example, while we don’t allow many items (such as contact lenses), we do allow other items under certain conditions (including certain types of medical instruments).
To find out if we have other guidelines that might affect your listing or product, read our rules for listings and our rules about intellectual property.
Prohibited and restricted items
- Adult only category
- Artifacts, grave-related items, and Native American arts and crafts
- Catalytic converters and test pipes
- Cell phone (wireless) service contracts
- Charity and fundraising
- Clothing, used
- Counterfeit currency and stamps
- Credit cards
- Currency, selling
- Drugs and drug paraphernalia
- Electronics equipment – examples include cable TV de-scramblers, radar scanners, and traffic signal control devices
- Embargoed goods and prohibited countries – examples include items from Cuba
- Firearms, weapons, and knives – examples include pepper spray, replicas, and stun guns(see also military items)
- Gift cards
- Government documents, IDs and licenses
- Government, transit, and shipping-related items – examples include airplane operations manuals, subway employee uniforms, and U.S. Postal Service (USPS) mailbags
- Hazardous, restricted or regulated materials – examples include batteries, fireworks and refrigerants
- Human remains and body parts
- Importation of goods into the US – examples include CDs intended only for distribution in a certain country
- International trading
- Items encouraging illegal activity – examples include an eBook describing how to create methamphetamine
- Lock picking devices
- Lottery tickets
- Mailing lists and personal information
- Medical drugs, devices, and healthcare – examples include prescription drugs, contact lenses, pacemakers, and surgical instruments
- Military items (see also firearms, weapons, and knives)
- Multi-level marketing, pyramid and matrix programs
- Offensive material – examples include ethnically or racially offensive material and Nazi memorabilia
- Plants and seeds
- Police-related items
- Political memorabilia (reproduction)
- Postage meters
- Real estate
- Recalled items
- Slot machines
- Stocks and other securities
- Stolen property
- Surveillance equipment – examples include wiretapping devices and telephone bugging devices
- Weeds (see plants and seeds)
Reporting policy violations
If you see a listing that violates one of our policies, report it by clicking Report itemin the listing.
If we determine that a listing or product has violated a policy, we email the seller and the bidders or the buyer to let them know that we’ve removed the listing or product from pay4gud.