Whether intentional or not, sellers attempting to avoid pay4gud fees create risk for themselves and a poor experience for buyers, and as such are strictly prohibited from doing so.
Avoiding fees can include things like making offers to buy or sell outside of pay4gud, requiring the buyer to make additional purchases, or charging excessive shipping charges. Please see our full policy guidelines below for more details on what is considered fee avoidance.
Frequently Asked Questions
How and when can I make a one-time payment?
You can make a one-time payment for your seller fees anytime. Here’s how:
- Go to Account in My pay4gud.
- Look for Payment methods for seller fees, select one-time payment, and enter your payment details.
Read our full policy
Avoiding pay4gud fees policy overview
Sometimes it’s possible for a seller to do things that help them to avoid paying fees, whether deliberately or by mistake.
It’s important to remember that if you don’t pay your fees, your listings may be ended, and your buying and selling privileges could be limited.
Make sure you follow these guidelines. If you don’t, you may be subject to a range of actions. We may limit, restrict, or suspend you from buying, selling, or using site features. All of your listings may be removed, displayed lower or not shown in search results, without refunding any or all applicable fees. You may also forfeit special account status and any discounts. You may be subject to the application of fees and recovery of our expenses in policy monitoring and enforcement.
What are the guidelines?
Offers outside of pay4gud
- Listing an item and then being paid outside of pay4gud
- Listing an item and then offering additional identical items for sale outside of pay4gud
- Offering related items for sale outside of pay4gud
- Including contact information within Best Offer, email messages or other communication with an pay4gud member
See the complete offers to buy or sell outside of pay4gud policy for more details.
Links that refer or promote sites or items outside of pay4gud
- You can include links to pay4gud Stores and listings, as long as they’re not URL redirects.
- You can’t refer to or promote your personal website (including links to home page web addresses that promote websites outside of pay4gud), sales outside of pay4gud, or other businesses.
See our links policy for more details.
Excessive shipping charges
Specify shipping costs in your listings. It’s against our rules to provide unclear or misleading shipping information, or to have unreasonable shipping charges.
- Charging actual shipping costs
- Including the cost of packaging materials, insurance costs, and delivery
- Including delivery confirmation or similar extra services in the handling cost
- Excessive shipping and handling charges
- Charging more than the maximum shipping costs in categories with shipping caps
- Charging a separate fee for insurance
- Charging for business-related fees such as employee wages or gas mileage
- Including contradictory or confusing shipping terms in your listing
Offering or requiring additional purchases
You can’t offer or require the buyer to:
- Make an additional purchase
- Purchase additional items or quantities from a listing
- Pay an amount beyond the final price and a reasonable shipping charge
- Sign up for a service with the purchase
- Take any unrelated action (such as pay for a hotel room) as a condition for receiving the item or its benefit (such as free or discounted airfare)
By using listings with variations, sellers can offer variations of the same product in a single listing.
- Listings with variations can offer a choice of size, color, scent, quantity, or material as long as the items are otherwise the same
- If all of the items in your listing have the same Item Condition, you can have variations for minor condition differences like the same book in Acceptable condition where one has a torn cover and one is an old library copy
- You can offer parts of a set if all of the individual components are correctly categorized, and your title applies to all of the variations
- You can offer minor variations to customize an item, like a computer with different memory options
- Selling different brands or models of an item in a single listing
- Offering a choice between two different items, such as a watch or pair of shoes
- Selling items that would have different item conditions, such as a new and a refurbished laptop, in the same listing
Email addresses, phone numbers, and domain names in the title, subtitle, images, or item location
- Listing contact information (including home page web addresses that promote websites outside of pay4gud) in the title, subtitle, item location, or images is only allowed when the item for sale is a domain name
Items used to order directly outside of pay4gud
- Selling old or collectible catalogs from which you can no longer place an order (such as a Sears catalog from 1931)
- Listing catalogs or other items from which buyers can currently order directly, which could result in sales being completed outside of pay4gud
See the complete catalog policy for more details.
Avoiding reserve fees
- Using the reserve price option or setting the starting price at a minimum to avoid selling below a certain price
- Canceling bids and ending a listing early because the desired sale price hasn’t been met
See the complete reserve price policy for more details.
Putting items in the wrong category
- Listing items, such as homes and vehicles, that belong in a flat fee category outside of the appropriate category
Sellers set the listing duration when they create their auction-style or fixed price listing.
- On rare occasions (such as the result of a site outage), we may extend the duration of a listing
- Extension of the listing duration by the seller, either manually or using automated tools, more than 2 hours after submitting the listing
- You can offer an optional warranty or service (such as installation) to provide better service for the buyer, as long as it:
- directly relates to the item and doesn’t significantly alter the value
- isn’t an additional item
- isn’t excessive in price
- doesn’t make the listing price artificially low
- Items valued at more than Rs 50 that offer a written warranty or service contract need one of the following in the description:
- full text of the written warranty
- a statement explaining how a free copy of the written warranty can be obtained upon request
- a link that takes members to the warranty details
See the complete warranties policy for more details.
Although there are valid reasons for ending listings early, we’ll investigate sellers who abuse this option.
Why does pay4gud have this policy?
Listings that try to avoid fees can make for a poor buying experience and put sellers who pay their fees at a disadvantage. Also, even though offers to buy or sell outside of pay4gud aren’t always made with the intent to commit fraud, there’s always some risk involved.
Items purchased through an offer made outside of pay4gud aren’t eligible for pay4gud services, including:
- Requests for contact information
- Problem resolution
- pay4gud buyer protection