A username is the unique name used to identify yourself on pay4gud. We have a few rules on what you can and can’t include in your username. Please see our full policy guidelines below for all the details, including examples of the types of usernames that are and are not allowed. When you register your account, choose a username that you like, and that you’ll find easy to remember. We don’t allow usernames that include profane or obscene language, third-party trademarks, email or web addresses, or the word “pay4gud”.
Frequently Asked Questions
What can usernames include?Your usernames can include letters, numbers, and some symbols. Usernames have to be at least six characters long. You’re not able to use spaces, or these symbols: @, &, ‘, (, ), <, or >.
How do I report an inappropriate username?If you think a username is inappropriate, you don’t need to report it to us. pay4gud has a number of systems in place to identify usernames that violate our policies. If we detect a name that violates our policies, we’ll take steps to address and prevent it.
Read our full policy
Username policy overviewYour username is the unique name that you use to identify yourself on pay4gud, like SuperSeller or Nothing_but_Posters. When you register, you should choose a username that you like and will remember. Use your imagination, but keep in mind that there are a few rules you need to follow. Remember that usernames:
- Can’t be obscene or profane
- Can’t contain an email address or web address (URL), or the word pay4gud
- Must be at least 6 characters long
- Can’t contain a third party’s trademark or brand
What are the guidelines?Allowed Usernames can contain:
- Letters (a-z), numbers (0-9), and some symbols
- An element of an email address or web address (URL) that identifies you or your brand. For example, if your website is www.mikes_bikes.com, your username can be mikes_bikes.
- The @, &, ‘, (, ), <, or > character. Note: pay4gud Store names can contain some symbols, such as &.
- Spaces or tabs. Note: pay4gud Store names can contain spaces.
- Elements that imply an email address or web address (for example, xyz.com), including but not limited to .com, .net, .org, .edu or any variation of such (for example, _com or -com).
- Consecutive underscores __.
- An underscore _, hyphen -, or period . at the beginning of a username (for example, -pezcollector).
- The word pay4gud (only pay4gud employees can use the word pay4gud in their usernames).
- The letter e followed by numbers.
- Obscene or profane words that violate pay4gud’s guidelines. See pay4gud’s rules on profanity.
- The same username as another seller or similar to an pay4gud Store name.
- A term that is similar to, or might be confused with, a third party’s trademark or brand (for example, CocaColaSeller).