We’re committed to providing a secure and fair marketplace for our buyers and sellers. To support this commitment, we’ve put in place rules and policies that govern our expectations of buyers and sellers, the actions we’ll take to keep you safe, and how we’ll protect you if something goes wrong.
By becoming familiar with and following our policies, you’ll help us maintain a safe environment for all, and be able to avoid interruptions that might come from inadvertent violations of our rules.
Some of our rules reflect local legal requirements, while others are based on our experience of how best to protect everyone using Pay4gud services.
In our policy section, you’ll find information on items that can and can’t be sold, guides to creating and maintaining listings, details on how we protect your personal details and more.
Prohibited & Restricted Items
Learn about items that can and can’t be sold on Pay4gud, and where we have restrictions on the sale of some products and services.
Rules & Policies for Buyers
When you bid on or buy and item on Pay4gud, you’re agreeing to the rules we’ve set out for our community.
While feedback is intended as an open forum, we have guidelines and policies to ensure it’s used constructively and fairly.
Member Behaviour Policies
When you buy and sell on Pay4gud, we expect that you and your information are treated in a respectful manner, and that you afford other members the same courtesy.
Pay4gud Money Back Guarantee
When you buy on Pay4gud, in most cases, we guarantee that you’ll get your item or your money back.
Find out everything you need to know about our rules for creating listings, and get advice on how to make your listings more successful.
Our selling policies are designed to help you deliver the best experience possible to your buyers.
False Reports Of Policy Voilations
Find out how we deal with false reports of policy violations.
Find out how our identity policies protect all of our members, and make Pay4gud a safe and trusted marketplace.
Learn about the approved payment methods sellers can offer in their listings and find help on what to do if something goes wrong.
Resolving Technical Issues
Learn how to troubleshoot any technical issues you may experience with our site.
Prohibited and restricted items
While you can sell almost any item on Pay4gud, maintaining the safety of our community is a responsibility we take very seriously.
For this reason, and to comply with local legal restrictions, some categories of products are restricted, or completely banned from being listed.
If you’re not sure if an item you’re intending to list is allowed or not, choose the relevant category from the list below to find out.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I find out what items are allowed on Pay4gud?
If you’re not sure whether your item can be listed on Pay4gud, check our list of prohibited and restricted items below.
What do I do if I see an item that isn’t allowed?
If you see a listing that violates one of our policies, report it by clicking Report item in the listing.
Pay4gud prohibited and restricted items
Adult Item Policy
Animal & Wildlife Product Policy
Selling Art Policy
Artifacts, cultural heritage, and grave-related item policy
Autographed items policy
Catalytic convertor and test pipes policy
Used Clothing Policy
Credit & Debit card policy
Digitally delivered goods policy
Drugs & Drug paraphernalia policy
Electrical & Electronic equipment policy
Embargoed goods & prohibited countries policy
Encouraging illegal activity policy
Firearms, weapons and knives policy
Gift card policy
Government, transit and shipping-related items policy
Government documents, IDs and licenses policy
Hazardous, restricted or regulated materials policy
Human Remains and body parts policy
Lock picking devices policy
Change listing policy
Mailing lists and personal information policy
Medical drugs, devices and healthcare policy
Personal relationship & services policy
Real estate policy
Recalled items policy
Event ticket policy
Slot machines policy
Stamps and other securities policy
Stocks and other securities policy
Stolen property policy
Used cosmetics policy
Read our full policy
Prohibited and restricted items policy overview
Before listing your item, make sure we allow it on Pay4gud, and find out if we have specific rules and conditions on how you should list it. Check the list of prohibited and restricted items below. You also need to make sure that the sale of your item complies with all laws and any additional restrictions applicable to payment services offered on Pay4gud such as credit card association or network rules.
Make sure your listings and products follow these guidelines. If they don’t, they may be removed, and you may be subject to a range of other actions, including restrictions of your buying and selling privileges and suspension of your account.
Understanding the rules
Our policies are often based on country and state laws, although in some cases, we may also base our policies on input from our members and our own discretion, especially for dangerous or sensitive items.
Read and understand our policies before listing items. Follow our guidelines and review our examples so you know beforehand what you can and can’t sell on Pay4gud.
Reporting policy violations
If you see a listing that violates one of our policies, report it by clicking Report item in the listing.
If we determine that a listing or product has violated a policy, we email the seller and the bidders or the buyer to let them know that we’ve removed the listing or product from Pay4gud.
Rules and policies for buyers
To help make buying on Pay4gud a safe and enjoyable experience, we’ve put in place a number of policies and guidelines.
Many of these are based on local legal requirements, but others are based on our experience of what will help ensure a fair marketplace for everyone. So, before you bid or buy on Pay4gud, read our policies for buyers listed below.
Frequently Asked Questions
What rules and requirements are there for Pay4gud buyers?
When you bid on or buy an item, you’re agreeing to the rules we’ve put in place for our community. You can find out more details on these rules in the articles below.
What kind of items are listed on Pay4gud?
Almost anything you can think of. But there are certain categories of items that we restrict. Check out our list of prohibited and restricted items
Buying practising policy
Learn about our expectations for buyer behaviour on Pay4gud.
Learn about the guidelines and policies around Feedback to ensure it’s used constructively and fairly.
Interfering with a transaction policy
Learn about the rules and guidelines we’ve established to prevent people from interfering with the completion of transactions.
Invalid Bid retraction policy
Read our guidelines on retracting a bid, and why we have rules in place to prevent members gaining an unfair advantage when buying an item.
Offers to buy or sell outside of Pay4gud
Learn why buyers and sellers aren’t allowed to use information they’ve obtained on Pay4gud to contact each other to buy or sell off Pay4gud.
Shill bidding policy
Find out what shill bidding is, and why it isn’t allowed on Pay4gud.
Unpaid item policy
Learn about our rules around paying for items after a buyer has won an auction or agreed to make a purchase.
Unwelcome and malicious buying policy
Learn about the rules we have in place to prevent buyers from attempting to disrupt a listing.
Read our full policy
Rules for buyers – overview
We want to maintain a safe, fair, and enjoyable marketplace for both buyers and sellers. If you’re a buyer, we ask that you review and understand our policies, including the Pay4gud User Agreement before you bid on or buy an item. By placing a bid or buying an item, you are agreeing to all of our rules and policies, including the Pay4gud User Agreement.
Our policies are intended to:
- Follow local laws and regulations
- Minimize risks to buyers and sellers
- Make sure that no one has an unfair advantage
- Create an enjoyable buying experience
- Protect intellectual property rights
Guidelines for buyers
The buying practises policy outlines the type of behavior that we don’t allow from buyers-such as making unreasonable demands of a seller, or taking advantage of the Pay4gud Money Back Guarantee.
Rules about bidding and paying
- You can’t use Pay4gud if your account contains false contract information. Buyers and sellers sometimes need to be able to get in touch with each other, and we need to be able to contact our members
- You must pay for any item you commit to buying. Some Pay4gud sellers use an auction-style format, allowing you to bid on an item. Bidding is fun, but keep in mind that each bid you make is a binding contract to buy the item if you win. The same is true for Buy It Now purchases. Not paying for an item after you agree to buy it has negative consequences, explained in our unpaid item policy
- You can only bid if you really intend to buy the item, This type of bid still means that you intend to buy the item. The bottom line is, don’t place a bid unless you mean to buy the item
- You can’t bid on your own item. We call this shill bidding and it not only violates our policies, it’s against the law in many places
- Be careful about bidding on several items if you only want one. If you’re the winning bidder of more than one auction-style listing, you need to purchase all the items you’ve won, even if they’re the same or similar
- You can only retract a bid under specific circumstances. For example, if you meant to bid Rs.1000 but accidentally bid Rs.10, 000, you can retract the bid. Even then, you need to bid the amount you originally intended immediately. Never use bid retraction to manipulate the bidding process. Bid manipulation is unfair, and it has serious consequences. Learn more about retraction or cancelling your bid
- Make sure that you read the listing description before you bid. Many of the problems buyers and sellers encounter are the result of simple misunderstandings about what is for sale and the terms of the sale. For example, some sellers only want to sell to bidders who live in a certain country, Only bid on or buy an item if you can meet the requirements described in the listing. If you bid on an item and you don’t meet the seller’s requirements, we consider that unwelcome or malicious software
- If you know the seller, you can’t bid on the item with the intent to increase its price or desirability artificially. This rule applies to family, friends, roommates, employees, and online connections. Buying items from someone just to increase their feedback score or improve their search standing is called shill bidding, and it’s against our policies
- You can’t offer to buy items outside of Pay4gud. Our policies don’t cover items bought outside of our site. If you buy items outside of Pay4gud, we don’t protect you against fraud. Sellers must follow the same rule, so if a seller offers to sell you something outside of Pay4gud, don’t accept the offer. For more information, see our rules for everyone, and our policy on offers to buy or sell outside of Pay4gud
- If you buy an item from a seller in another country, you can’t ask the seller to mark the item as a gift in the customs declaration. This is illegal, and against our policies. Learn more about our rules against encouraging illegal activity
Rules about feedback
- You can’t abuse the feedback system
This means you can’t threaten to leave a seller negative feedback if that seller won’t do something that wasn’t promised in the original listing. This is called feedback extortion and is against our policy.
Also, you can’t leave feedback if you’re only doing it to help increase a seller’s feedback score. This is a type of feedback manipulation and is also not allowed.
Make sure that you understand and follow all of our feedback policies.
If you’re having a problem with a seller
- Be honest and have good intentions when you try to resolve a transaction problem. Learn more about what to do if you don’t receive an item or it doesn’t match the listing description
Attempts to manipulate the Pay4gud Money Back Guarantee are prohibited and can have serious consequences.
- You can’t try to contact other potential buyers to “warn” them about a seller. This is called transaction interference. If you have a concern about a seller’s behavior, report it to us and we’ll investigate
If you’re a seller
If you’re also a seller, please be sure to read our rules for sellers, and make sure that your listings follow our guidelines.
Reporting policy violations
If you want to report a policy violation:
- First, read the policy page that deals with the violation (see our rules and policies) and make sure the other member is really breaking the rules.
- If you still want to report a member, contact Customer Support.
Reports of policy violations must be specific and you must submit them with the intent of addressing a known or suspected violation of our policy.
False reporting of policy violations can have serious consequences.
Report a listing only once. Multiple emails about the same listing slow down our investigation.
When we receive your report, we look at all the circumstances, including the member’s history, before we decide whether to take action. If we aren’t sure about something or can’t prove it with certainty, we may not take any action. In addition, we won’t discuss the results of an investigation. Learn more about our User Privacy Notice.
Feedback is an opportunity to leave an honest comment about your experience with a seller, or thank a customer for their purchase.
While feedback is intended as an open forum, our guidelines and policies listed below are in place to ensure it’s used constructively and fairly.
Frequently Asked Questions
My trading partner won’t leave me feedback. What should I do?
If you’ve successfully completed a transaction with another Pay4gud member and they haven’t left you feedback, it’s fine to send a message as a reminder. Remember though, leaving feedback is completely voluntary.
- Contact a buyer
- Contact a seller
I received negative feedback that I don’t think is fair. What can I do?
You can respond to the feedback and tell your side of the story. As a seller, you can also send a limited number of requests for buyers to revise their feedback.
I received feedback that violates Pay4gud policies. What should I do?
If a member has violated one of our feedback policies, you can ask us to have it removed. Once we review it, we may remove the entire feedback, or just the comment or the rating.
Can I change feedback I left for someone else?
In most cases you can’t change feedback once you’ve left it. However, if you’ve left negative or neutral feedback for a seller and want to change it to positive feedback, the seller may be able to send you a feedback revision request. If the seller is unable to send a feedback revision request, you can leave a clarifying follow up comment to your original feedback.
Feedback extortion policy
Buyers aren’t allowed to use threats of negative feedback or low detailed seller ratings to get something that wasn’t part of the original listings, and sellers can’t demand positive feedback from buyers.
Feedback manipulation policy
Members can’t exchange feedback solely for the purpose of increasing feedback scores, gaining Pay4gud privileges, or enhancing their reputation on our site. Neither can they influence another member’s feedback through a series of repeat purchases, or by leaving negative comments with a positive rating.
Feedback in seller terms and conditions
Sellers aren’t allowed to include terms and conditions in a listing that limit or restrict the buyer from leaving feedback.
Member behavior policies
One of the foundations of the Pay4gud experience is the level of trust between all members of the Pay4gud community. To maintain that trust, we expect all members to treat each other with respect.
Our policies around member behavior are in place to protect everyone in our community, and ensure that buying and selling on Pay4gud is an enjoyable experience for all. For more details, please see the individual policy guidelines below.
Unsolicited idea submissions policy
We’re always pleased to hear from our members, but find out why we consider unsolicited suggestions, ideas or proposals to be non-confidential and non-proprietary.
Inappropriate language and profanity policy
We have zero tolerance for members using language that we consider to be defamatory or abusive.
Pay4gud’s intellectual property policy
Learn when and how you can use our name, logo and other intellectual property.
Member-to-member contact policy
We encourage open communication between our members through our site but we have rules in place for how contact can be made and messages can be sent.
Pay4gud employee trading and community content policy
Read our rules for Pay4gud employees who buy and sell on our site.
Community content policy
Learn about our guidelines for how members should interact on our community boards.
Our User Agreement sets out the terms and conditions you agree to when you register on Pay4gud.
Learn how you and your personal information are protected on Pay4gud.
Our cookie notice details the information we collect through cookies, and how we use it to improve your experience on Pay4gud.
Pay4gud Money Back Guarantee policy
To ensure all of our members have a great experience on Pay4gud, most purchases are covered under Pay4gud Money Back Guarantee.
Pay4gud Money Back Guarantee means you’re protected if the item you ordered didn’t arrive, is faulty or damaged, or doesn’t match the listing. You’ll get your money back. For all the details of how the Pay4gud Money Back Guarantee works, please see our full policy guidelines below.
Frequently Asked Questions
When does Pay4gud Money Back Guarantee apply?
You’re covered under Pay4gud Money Back Guarantee when:
- You don’t receive an item
- You receive an item that doesn’t match the listing
- You receive an item that’s broken or faulty
Our sellers normally work with buyers to quickly resolve any issues, but if you can’t agree on a solution, you can ask us to step in and help. In most cases, you’ll be covered by Pay4gud Money Back Guarantee.
What happens if the seller doesn’t respond or won’t give me a refund?
Under Pay4gud Money Back Guarantee, the seller has 3 business days to resolve your issue. If you can’t come to an agreement, you can ask us to step in and help. We’ll review the details of your case and make a decision within Next 7 days
If I refund a buyer, will I get a credit for my final value fee?
In most cases, if you issue a full refund to the buyer before we’re asked to step in, we’ll credit your final value fee. You can find more information in our policy below.
Read our full policy
About Pay4gud Money Back Guarantee
Most Pay4gud sales go smoothly, but if there’s a problem with a purchase, the Pay4gud Money Back Guarantee ensures that buyers receive the item they ordered or get their money back.
Buyers can use the Pay4gud Money Back Guarantee when:
- They don’t receive an item
- They receive an item that doesn’t match the listing
Most sellers work with buyers to quickly resolve issues, but if a solution isn’t reached, we can help.
Most transactions on Pay4gud.com are covered by the Pay4gud Money Back Guarantee.
Purchases are covered by the Pay4gud Money Back Guarantee when all of the following are true:
- An item isn’t received or it isn’t as described in the listing
- A buyer reports that they didn’t receive an item or requests a return within the Pay4gud Money Back Guarantee timelines
- The buyer made the purchase on Pay4gud.com via checkout or an Pay4gud invoice with one of the following payment methods:
- Credit card or debit card
- Pay4gud gift cards, Pay4gud bucks and Pay4gud vouchers
- The item was paid for in a single payment
- If the listing was a live auction by an auction house seller and paid by any payment method, the purchase is covered as long as the buyer provides a copy of the seller invoice and proof of payment.
- Items collected in person are covered, provided all other requirements are met
- Buyer remorse or any reason other than not receiving an item or receiving an item that isn’t as described in the listing (see the seller’s return policy for return options)
- Items damaged during local pickup
- Local pickup items that were not collected by, or on behalf of, the buyer
- Items not delivered, damaged during collection, or damaged during shipment when the buyer arranges pick-up or shipping of the item (for instance, the buyer arranges freight)
- Duplicate claims through other resolution methods
- Items shipped to another address after original delivery
When a buyer doesn’t receive an item
If a buyer doesn’t receive an item, the buyer needs to submit a request to report that the item hasn’t arrived. The seller should address the buyer’s concern and provide tracking information, updates on the delivery of the item, or a refund.
If the buyer isn’t happy with the seller’s response or doesn’t receive a response, the buyer can ask Pay4gud to step in and help.
If asked to step in and help, we review the information provided by the buyer and seller for evidence of a successful on-time delivery to the buyer’s address or proof of collection by the buyer.
Information required to prove a successful on-time delivery is all of the following:
- Tracking number uploaded to the site by the seller before the estimated delivery date;
- A delivery status of “delivered” (or equivalent in the country to which the item was delivered);
- The date of delivery;
- The recipient’s address, showing at least the city/county or zip code (or international equivalent); and
Generally, the buyer is responsible for accepting the item when it arrives. If the buyer refuses delivery, their claim is not eligible for the Pay4gud Money Back Guarantee.
- The buyer can provide, via written proof from the carrier, that they refused the package because it arrived empty or was damaged in shipping
- The buyer accepted and opened the package only to determine that it was an empty box
When a buyer wants to return an item or the item doesn’t match the listing
If a buyer wants to return an item within a seller’s return window or they received an item that doesn’t match the listing, the buyer needs to submit a request to return the item. The seller should address the buyer’s concern and offer a solution, such as accepting a return, or offering a replacement or refund. In some cases, we may automatically accept a return request on the seller’s behalf. If dissatisfied with the seller’s solution, the buyer can ask Pay4gud to step in and help.
If asked to step in and help, we review the item listing, photos of the item, and any other information about the item that the buyer and seller provide. If we can’t determine that the item matches the listing, if the seller has already offered a return, or the seller’s stated return window and policy applies, we may ask the buyer to return the item to the seller.
After confirming that the item was returned to the seller, a refund of the cost of the item (less any loss in value, if applicable) and original shipping is sent to the original payment method or the buyer’s account. If the buyer arranged shipping or picked up the item, we may not refund the amount of original shipping or pickup cost. The seller is required to reimburse Pay4gud for the amount of the refund. Learn more about reimbursement.
When an item is returned to the seller
If a buyer is returning an item within the seller’s return window, the seller’s return policy will indicate who pays for the return shipping label. The cost of return shipping for an item that is not as described is the seller’s responsibility and, in cases where an Pay4gud-generated return shipping label is used for the return, the return shipping label cost is placed on the seller’s invoice. You can find further details about reimbursements in our User Agreement.
When a return postage label is made available to the buyer and/or and the buyer chooses to purchase a separate label, the buyer won’t be refunded by Pay4gud for the cost of the label.
Tracking is required to confirm the item has been returned to the seller. Signature confirmation is required for items returned with a total cost of Rs.5000 or more. If a seller chooses to offer the buyer an untracked return label and Pay4gud is asked to step in and help, the buyer will not be required to provide proof of delivery or signature confirmation.
- The buyer must return the item in the same condition in which it was received
- Buyers are liable for any loss in value of the item if this loss in value is attributed to a handling which is not necessary for the purpose of checking the quality, characteristics and functioning of the item. The seller may deduct the amount of loss from the amount reimbursed to buyer
- The seller is required to accept the return at the same location specified in the listing or at an address that does not result in a materially different return cost for the buyer
- The seller pays for any customs and duty fees on the returned item
- The seller is required to refund a buyer upon the receipt of a returned item. Learn more about returns timelines
When an item isn’t returned to the seller
In some instances, we may not require that an item be returned to the seller. In these situations, we refund the buyer and may seek reimbursement from the seller, for example if:
- The seller chooses not to accept a return request or provide a return shipping label
- The item location was misrepresented
- It’s hazardous to ship back the item
- The item no longer has a value (for instance, a ticket for a cancelled event)
Alternatively, with the buyer’s consent, we may give a partial refund to cover differences between how the item was described in the listing and the actual item the buyer received. When given a partial refund, the buyer isn’t asked to return the item to the seller. We may require the seller to reimburse Pay4gud for the partial refund.
If a buyer reports that an item is counterfeit, and there are strong indicators that the item is counterfeit, we may not require the buyer to return the item to the seller. The buyer agrees to cooperate with us to ensure proper disposal of the item. In such instances, we refund the buyer for the full cost of the item and original shipping, and the seller reimburses us for the refund. The buyer may not sell the item on Pay4gud or elsewhere.
Pay4gud Money Back Guarantee timelines
Item not received
- A buyer can report that they didn’t receive an item once the item’s latest estimated delivery date has passed, and for 7 days after the latest estimated delivery date
- For event tickets, a buyer must report that they didn’t receive the tickets no later than 7 days after the event date or 7 days from the latest estimated delivery date, whichever is later
- The seller has 3 business days from the report to respond to the buyer with a solution (through either a replacement, a return, or a refund). If the seller does not offer a solution or the buyer is unsatisfied with the solution the buyer can ask Pay4gud to step in and help
- If the buyer doesn’t ask us to step in and help within 5 business days of reporting that they didn’t receive an item, the request closes automatically
Item not as described
- A buyer must request a return no later than 7 days after the actual (or latest estimated) delivery date, or, if the seller’s return window is longer, within the return window
- For event tickets, a buyer must request a return no later than 7 days after the event date or 7 days from the actual (or latest estimated) delivery date, whichever is later
- The seller has 3 business days from the request to respond to the buyer with a solution. If the seller does not respond with a solution, the buyer can ask Pay4gud to step in and help.
- The buyer must ship the item back to the seller within 5 business days from when the buyer starts the return. If the seller shipped a replacement or exchange and the buyer has not shipped the original item back within 10 business days of the buyer starting the return, we charge the buyer’s account for the replacement or exchange
- For items where there’s no tracking uploaded by the buyer, if the seller doesn’t issue a refund within 2 business days of the item’s return delivery date, the buyer can ask Pay4gud to step in and help for a period of 10 business days after the refund deadline has passed
- For items where the buyer has uploaded tracking, if the seller doesn’t issue a refund within 2 business days of the item’s delivery to the seller, we will automatically issue the buyer a full refund on the seller’s behalf. The seller will be required to reimburse us for such refunds. Learn more about reimbursement.
- If the buyer doesn’t ask Pay4gud to step in and help within 5 business days of starting a request for a return (or the timelines described if a refund, replacement or exchange isn’t received), the request closes automatically
Replacement and exchange
Replacement and exchanges can be requested by the buyer and/or seller. Exchanges are based on value of the original purchased item, with current and equal value. A buyer must request a return and select the replacement or exchange option no later than 30 days after the actual (or latest estimated) delivery date, or, if the seller’s return window is longer, within the return window.
Timelines for replacement and exchanges:
When the buyer requests a replacement or an exchange the seller has 3 business days to respond to the buyer. If no response is received after 3 business days the buyer can ask Pay4gud to step in and help.
If a replacement or exchange is agreed upon, the buyer has 5 business days to ship the item back to the seller with return tracking. If the buyer doesn’t ship the item within 5 business days, the replacement or exchange will be closed.
If the buyer doesn’t ship the return item back to the seller, and the seller shipped the replacement or exchange with confirmed delivery scan, after 10 business days the seller will be paid the value of the additional item. The buyer will be charged for this additional item via the buyer’s account.
Latest estimated delivery date
When we have no information about the actual delivery date, we use the latest estimated delivery date. When we have no estimated delivery information, we consider the latest estimated delivery date to be 7 days from payment date for transactions between a buyer and seller.
Extended timelines for Pay4gud Money Back Guarantee coverage
In some limited situations, we may extend the period of time in which a buyer is eligible for the Pay4gud Money Back Guarantee. This extra time allows us to take into consideration the buyer’s location, the shipping service used, a seller’s extended return window, national holidays, or delays due to circumstances such as natural disaster, national emergency, labor strike, or governmental act, or other circumstances such as fraud. In most instances, when we extend timelines for Pay4gud Money Back Guarantee coverage, in cases where the seller is responsible for requests opened during such an extended timeline, we notify sellers with an announcement on Pay4gud.com.
Buyers and sellers have an opportunity within 30 days from when we make a decision about a transaction issue to appeal the decision by providing appropriate documentation. Pay4gud reserves the right to seek reimbursement from the seller if a buyer successfully appeals. Learn more about reimbursement.
Refunds to buyers
We refund buyers to their original payment method. we ask the buyer to create one with their Pay4gud registered email address to claim their refund. In the unlikely event that we’re unable to send refunds to the original payment method. We may provide refunds by coupon or vouchers redeemable for future purchases on Pay4gud.
Seller funds, reimbursements, and fees
If a transaction dispute arises between a buyer and seller and Pay4gud resolves such dispute in favor of the buyer, the seller authorizes Pay4gud to reverse the funds to reimburse the buyer, and if such funds are unavailable or insufficient, the seller agrees to reimburse Pay4gud for any amount Pay4gud refunds to the buyer.
If reimbursement is unsuccessful, the seller agrees to allow Pay4gud to charge their reimbursement or automatic payment method on file for amounts refunded to the buyer. Pay4gud may place the amount refunded to the buyer on their invoice subject to their automatic payment method. The seller will remain obligated to pay Pay4gud for all unpaid amounts and Pay4gud reserves the right to seek reimbursement through other means. You can find further details about reimbursements in our User Agreement.
If a seller issues a buyer a full refund before Pay4gud is asked to step in and help, we credit the seller’s final value fee.
Fraudulent claims may include:
- A buyer opening excessive requests or duplicate requests using other programs
- A buyer colluding with a seller to misdeclare an item’s value for customs
- A buyer filing a chargeback after knowingly receiving a refund
Buyers who file fraudulent claims are subject to consequences outlined in the Abusing Pay4gud section of the User Agreement. In addition, we reserve the right to indefinitely suspend the buyer’s coverage under the Pay4gud Money Back Guarantee.
- Buyers and sellers permit us to make final decisions about all cases, including appeals. We may provide buyers and sellers with access to each other’s names, usernames, contact information, and other information relating to a request
- When a buyer and seller don’t speak the same language, we may assist with communication until the issue is resolved
- The Pay4gud Money Back Guarantee is not a product warranty
- In some situations, we may open and decide on a request on behalf of the buyer. This includes situations in which a seller is suspended for fraudulent activity
- For items shipped through the Global Shipping Program, the program’s terms and conditions for buyers describe how members are protected by the Pay4gud Money Back Guarantee
- We reserve the right to fix any processing errors we discover by debiting or crediting the payment method used for the incorrect refund or reimbursement
- Listing policies
To make sure buyers have a great experience when they buy from you, we’ve put in place some rules and guidelines for listing items on Pay4gud.
Find out everything you need to know about what’s allowed in listings, as well as information on how to have an easier and more successful selling experience, in our detailed policy guidelines below.
Frequently Asked Questions
I’m not sure whether the item I’m selling is allowed on Pay4gud. Where can I learn more?
There are some items that, due to legal restrictions or Pay4gud rules, we don’t allow or that can only be listed under certain conditions. If you’re not sure whether your item is allowed, our Prohibited and restricted items policy has more details on what you can and can’t sell.
Why was my listing removed?
To keep Pay4gud a safe place, sometimes we remove listings that violate our policies. If we remove your listing, we’ll send you an email to your Messages and to your registered email address explaining why.
I can’t find my listings on the site. What’s happened?
If you can’t find your listings they may have been removed if they violated one of our policies. However, if you haven’t received an email from us about removing your listings, it’s possible they’re just not ranking high up in search results.
To help improve your search ranking, be as descriptive as possible when you create your listings. Write a clear title and description, list your item in the right category, and fill out all item specifics suggested for your item. Find out more in our article on how to optimize your listings for Best Match.
Images and text policy
To make sure you’re giving potential buyers an accurate representation of your items, and that you’re not infringing on anyone else’s content rights, you should write your own descriptions and use your own images, or use any that Pay4gud offers to you from the Pay4gud catalog.
No item listings policy
All listings on Pay4gud have to offer a physical item or a tangible service. Listings that are blank, or don’t offer a tangible item or service, aren’t allowed because they can cause confusion for buyers and increase the risk of fraud.
Search and browse manipulation policy
Learn why it’s not allowed to manipulate Pay4gud’s search and browse experience by adding popular keywords in your listings that don’t have any relation to your items.
Item location misrepresentation policy
To make sure buyers have a clear understanding of shipping charges and delivery times, all sellers must provide clear and accurate information in their listings about where their item is located.
Offering your customers a guarantee or warranty gives them peace of mind when they buy from you, and can help give you an edge on the competition.
Active content in listings can create a poor experience by increasing page load times and introducing security risks. That’s why it’s not allowed in listings on Pay4gud.
Find out why we don’t allow listings to contain links that direct customers to a site other than Pay4gud.
Third-party endorsements policy
Understand why we don’t allow the use of third-party statements or logos that vouch for a seller’s ‘reputation’ or ‘trustworthiness’ in Pay4gud listings.
Duplicate listings policy
Only one fixed price listing of an identical item can be listed at the same time, from the same seller. This is to ensure buyers see a wide variety of options from multiple sellers.
Pre-sale listings policy
To ensure buyers aren’t disappointed, our pre-sale listings policy for items like cell phones and video games outlines the requirements for this type of transaction.
Our policies are designed to help create a fair and safe trading experience for all Pay4gud users. As a seller, you’re responsible for regularly reviewing and complying with Pay4gud’s selling policies, and for meeting your obligations as set out in our User Agreement.
We recommend that you learn about Pay4gud’s selling policies before you list an item. This helps you avoid accidentally breaking any rules. If you fail to follow the rules, to protect the integrity of our marketplace, we may take certain actions, such as removing your listings or products and limiting your buying and selling privileges. For more details, please see the individual policy guidelines below.
Selling practices policy
Learn the basic requirements for selling on Pay4gud.
Seller protection policy
Learn how we protect sellers on Pay4gud.
Shill bidding policy
Understand why shill bidding is not allowed on Pay4gud.
Avoiding Pay4gud fees policy
Avoiding fees on Pay4gud – whether deliberately or by mistake – can invite fraud and risk.
Unpaid item abuse policy
Find out why sellers should never falsely report an unpaid item.
Seller performance policy
Learn about our policies for adjusting seller performance.
Read why sellers are responsible for paying all taxes associated with selling on Pay4gud.
Intellectual property and the VeRO program
Find out the kinds of copyrighted items you can – and can’t – sell on Pay4gud.
Prohibited and restricted items
Discover the items that are prohibited or restricted on our site
We’re committed to keeping our marketplace a safe place for all our members. To help validate the identity of our buyers and sellers, we require our users to adhere to certain policies.
When you sign up with Pay4gud, you’re agreeing to the terms of our User Agreement and privacy notice, as well as our identity policies. To learn more about our various identity policies, please see the detailed guidelines below.
Multiple accounts policy
Members can have different accounts for buying and selling, or for different product lines, with valid business reasons, but all accounts are subject to our buying and selling policies.
Age limits policy
Listings on Pay4gud involve entering into a contract so all our members must be aged 18 years or older.
We have some criteria to make sure your identity is protected when you create a username. Find out what you can and can’t do when you create or change yours.
Misrepresentation of identity policy
Learn what’s allowed and not allowed when representing your identity on Pay4gud.
False or missing contact information policy
To make sure all transactions go smoothly, you’re required to provide up-to-date and accurate contact information, including name, address, and phone number.
Invalid email policy
It’s important that a valid email address is registered to your account so we can easily communicate with you.
False reports of policy violations
- False Reporting
- Why does Pay4gud have this policy?
We take any report of a violation of our policies seriously. False reports slow down our investigations into real issues, and so make it harder for us to protect our members.
Any report needs to represent a genuine belief that someone has violated an Pay4gud policy. If someone is intentionally making false reports of policy violations, we may take actions against their account, such as restricting their activity on Pay4gud. For more details, please see our full policy guidelines below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will you take action against a buyer who wrongly accused me of adding hidden shipping charges after he bought from me?
If the buyer feels aggrieved and reports it to us, we’ll look into it. At that point, if there’s no proof you added extra charges after he bought the item, then there’s nothing for you to worry about.
We don’t disclose the outcomes of cases but if we feel the buyer’s claim is false and malicious, we’ll take action.
Read our full policy
Pay4gud does not permit members to abuse the reporting process. Reports of policy violations to Pay4gud must be truthful and submitted with the intent of addressing a known or suspected violation of Pay4gud policy.
Violations of this policy may result in a range of actions, including:
- Listing cancellation
- Limits on account privileges
- Account suspension
- Forfeit of Pay4gud fees on cancelled listings
- Loss of PowerSeller status
- Feedback removal
- A member submits false reports of feedback extortion for every negative and neutral feedback rating received.
- A seller abuses the final value fee credit process by filing a report on a transaction where the buyer paid for the item.
Why does Pay4gud have this policy?
False reports of policy violations delay the review processes of genuine reports, which is detrimental to the Pay4gud community.
In order to maintain a safe marketplace, sellers can only offer Pay4gud-approved payment methods in their listings.
Our payment-related policies ensure buyers and sellers have consistent access to familiar and secure payment methods, transparent information on how to pay and what to pay for, and know what to do if something goes wrong.
For more details, please see the individual policy guidelines below.
Accepted payments policy
Learn about payment methods that are easy to use, secure, and offer strong protections against fraud.
Unpaid item policy
Learn how Pay4gud sellers are protected when buyers don’t pay for items they’ve won in an auction or bought.
Offers to buy and sell outside of Pay4gud policy
To make sure buyers and sellers are fully protected, transactions that started on Pay4gud cannot be completed off our site.
From time to time, you may experience some technical issues with our site. If that happens, there are some things you can check.
If site features are loading slowly or unavailable, we might be carrying out scheduled maintenance. Check our system status board for notices of when work is planned.
If this shows the site is functioning as normal but you’re still experiencing difficulty, you can try clearing your cache and cookies. How to clear cache and cookies depends on which browser you use. Select the link for your browser from the list below to find instructions:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Apple Safari
- Google Chrome
Pay4gud is designed to work with most browsers, but if you’re using an older version of a browser, or an unsupported browser, your web pages might not display as quickly and some functions and features might not work well.
Here are the browsers we support and links for where to find them:
|Operating system||Recommended browser|
|Windows||Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome (latest versions)|
|Mac||Apple Safari or Mozilla Firefox (latest versions)|
If you’re having trouble logging in, uploading photos or creating listings, try turning off ad plugins or extensions, and make sure there are no issues with your internet connection.