When a transaction that started out on pay4gud is completed outside of the pay4gud platform, the buyer and seller are no longer covered by pay4gud protection programs and the pay4gud Money Back Guarantee. As such, contacting another pay4gud member to discuss moving a purchase off pay4gud creates a risk of fraud, and is not permitted. Please see our full policy guidelines below for more details.
Buyers and sellers aren’t allowed to share or request direct contact information prior to completing a sale. They also can’t use information they’ve obtained on pay4gud to contact each other to buy or sell off pay4gud. Sellers who listed an item on pay4gud must pay all fees for the pay4gud services they’ve used, even if the sale is completed off pay4gud (such as cash on delivery, pay on pickup, or paid by check or money order).
If a seller or buyer asks you to complete a transaction outside of pay4gud, please contact us.
Frequently Asked Questions
I paid for my item with cash but now I can’t find the sale in my Purchase history. Am I covered by the pay4gud Money Back Guarantee?
If you didn’t use pay4gud checkout to complete the purchase on pay4gud then it won’t show up in your Purchase history, and you aren’t covered by the pay4gud Money Back Guarantee. Always complete your transactions on pay4gud to ensure you’re covered by our protection policies. If a seller asks you to complete a transaction in another way, please contact us.
I want to pay in cash and pick up the item in person. What should I do?
If the seller has selected local pickup and cash payment as an option, then you can select Buy It Now, or if you win an auction you’ll be able to select Cash on pickup at checkout.
Can I exchange contact information in order to see an item before purchasing it?
You can only exchange direct contact information after you’ve purchased the item. For local pickup transactions, you can select to pay by cash upon pickup in checkout if the seller made that payment option available when they listed the item.
I have a lot of questions about the item, can I call the seller?
No. Exchanging direct contact information with other pay4gud members is against our rules. You should keep all communications in pay4gud Messages by selecting Contact seller in the item’s listing.
My seller offers Best Offer. Does that mean we’re completing the transaction outside of pay4gud?
No, you’re not completing the transaction outside pay4gud when you make a Best Offer. Best Offer transactions are negotiated using pay4gud channels and are completed on pay4gud.
Read our full policy
Offers to buy or sell outside pay4gud policy overview
We don’t allow our members to use pay4gud to contact each other to make offers to buy or sell items outside of pay4gud. Also, members can’t use information obtained from pay4gud or any pay4gud systems to contact each other about buying or selling outside of pay4gud.
Sellers are liable for fees arising out of all sales made using some or all pay4gud Services, even if sales terms are finalized or payment is made outside of pay4gud.
Sellers are also liable for final value fees if they offer or reference their contact information, or ask for a buyer’s contact information, in the context of buying or selling outside of pay4gud, even if the item does not sell.
If you receive an offer to buy or sell outside pay4gud, please report it.
Make sure you follow these guidelines. If you don’t, you may be subject to a range of actions. We may limit, restrict, or suspend you from buying, selling, or using site features. All of your listings may be removed, displayed lower or not shown in search results, without refunding any or all applicable fees. You may also forfeit special account status and any discounts. You may be subject to the application of fees and recovery of our expenses in policy monitoring and enforcement.
Watch the video series about our policy on offers to buy or sell outside of pay4gud:
- Part 1: What is the policy?
- Part 2: What happens if you breach the policy
- Part 3: Best practice guidelines for communicating with other users
What are the guidelines?
- Sellers can end a listing early in order to sell an item at the current bid price to the high bidder
- Bidders can ask sellers to end a listing early and sell at the current bid price, but sellers don’t have to honor the request
- Sellers can use pay4gud’s Private Offer feature to send a customized offer within My Messages to a specific buyer for an active fixed price listing
- When selling an item with a fixed price, you can choose the Best Offer option when you list your item, which gives buyers a chance to negotiate the price with you
Some examples of activities that aren’t allowed include:
- Using member contact information obtained from pay4gud or using any pay4gud system to offer to sell any listed item outside of pay4gud
- Posting or displaying contact information in a listing, including email, phone number, and mailing address, without the permission of pay4gud or except as required by law
- Canceling a listing to sell to a buyer who found the item on pay4gud
- Ending an auction-style listing early to sell the item to the winning bidder a price higher than the current bid
- Including, requesting, offering, or referencing contact information or an offer to buy or sell an item outside of pay4gud within a Best Offer, email message, or other communication with an pay4gud user
- Offering to sell an item to a non-winning bidder without using Second Chance Offer
- In your listing page or in communications with another pay4gud member you can’t refer to or promote your personal website (including links to home page web addresses that promote websites outside of pay4gud), sales outside of pay4gud, or other businesses.
How to tell if you’re buying or selling on pay4gud
The best way to tell if you’re actually transacting on pay4gud is:
- Open a new browser and type www.pay4gud.com.
- Click My pay4gud at the top of the page and sign in.
- Check to see that the listing you’ve bid on, bought, or sold appears in the Purchase History or Sell sections.
- If your transaction doesn’t show up in My pay4gud, then you didn’t buy or sell the item on pay4gud.
Why does pay4gud have this policy?
Offers to buy or sell outside of pay4gud are a potential fraud risk for both buyers and sellers, and are not protected by the pay4gud Money Back Guarantee and other buyer protection programs. Additionally, these offers may be an attempt to avoid pay4gud fees. This is unfair to other sellers and violates our policies.