Ensuring pay4gud users have a safe, simple and easy experience is a top priority for us. To help achieve this, we only allow payment methods that are safe, easy to use, and offer strong protections against fraud.
Sellers must specify the payment methods they accept in their listings, so it’s clear to buyers how to pay. In most categories, sellers have to, credit cards or debit card processed through the seller’s internet merchant account, or both. The pay4gud Money Back Guarantee applies only to items paid for credit card, debit card or loyalty incentives, such as pay4gud Bucks.
Frequently Asked Questions
I’m selling my car, and want to be paid by a bank cheque. Do I have credit cards as payment methods too?
No, in some categories, including most motors categories, real estate, services, and businesses for sale, you don’t have to have to accept credit cards. You can accept methods such as bank-to-bank transfer, bank or personal checks, or money orders.
Read our full policy
Accepted payments policy overview
Our accepted payments policy gives buyers and sellers on pay4gud convenient payment options. To help ensure a safe marketplace, as a seller you can only use our approved payment methods. You also must state in your listing which specific payment methods you accept. If you accept a payment method, don’t place limitations on what forms of it you accept.
Make sure your listing follows these guidelines. If it doesn’t, it may be removed, and you may be subject to a range of other actions, including limits of your buying and selling privileges and suspension of your account.
What are the guidelines?
- Credit card or debit card processed through the seller’s Internet merchant account
Your payment is safe and secure. You can choose to save your card to your pay4gud account. Remove a saved card any time by going to My pay4gud > Account > Personal information.
- Payment upon pickup
If you offer payment upon pickup, you’ll also need to offer one of the approved electronic methods, and may include this statement in your listing: “Contact me for payment methods to pay on pickup.”
- Bank-to-bank transfers (also known as bank wire transfers and bank cash transfers)
- Money orders
Any payments that occur outside of pay4gud pages are not allowed, except in certain listing categories. See the full list of categories that allow bank-to-bank transfers, checks, money orders, and the permitted online payment services.
- Sending cash through the mail
- Mailing checks or money orders (except for items in categories specifically permitted)
- Paying through bank-to-bank transfers (except for items in categories specifically permitted)
- Paying by “topping off” a seller’s prepaid credit or debit card
- Paying using online or other payment methods not specifically permitted in this policy
- Asking buyers to contact you for additional payment methods, or including misleading or unclear payment information
- Offering a payment method to some buyers and not to others
- Discouraging buyers from using any payment method you specified in the listing
- Discouraging buyers from using pay4gud’s accepted payment methods
- Asking buyers to pay using a method not mentioned in the listing
- Placing limitations on payment methods you accept. For example:
These rules apply to all transaction-related correspondence between a seller and buyer, as well as to the listings. In addition, you aren’t allowed to make statements such as:
- “Contact us for payment information.”
- “Contact us for other payment methods.”
- “Contact us for your preferred payment method.”
- “Buyers may request to pay by check or money order.”
Why does pay4gud have this policy?
This policy helps to create a successful shopping and selling experience by encouraging online payment methods that are safe, easy to use, and offer strong protections for members.