All listings and products on pay4gud.com must offer a physical item, a service, or a digitally delivered good. Listings or products that are blank, or that don’t offer a physical item, service, or digitally delivered good, can be confusing for our users and may increase the risk of fraud. We also don’t allow multiple listings of the same single item. For example, if you have a single first edition copy of The Lord of the Rings that you’re looking to sell, you can’t create 2 different listings for that item.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I create a listing or product saying that I’m seeking a particular item?No. Want ads are prohibited on our site.
I want to see how my listings will show up on pay4gud. Are test listings allowed?Yes, you can create test listings as long as you follow these guidelines:
- Go to the Everything Else > Test Auctions category.
- Include the word “test” in the listing title and the listing description.
- Create no more than 10 test listings at a time.
Read our full policy
No item listings policy overviewpay4gud is a place where people can buy and sell all sorts of items. All listings and products have to offer a physical item, a service, or digitally delivered goods. Make sure your listings and products follow our guidelines. If they don’t, they may be removed, and your buying and selling privileges could be restricted.
What are the guidelines?
Duplicate listings for a single itemAllowed
- One listing if you have only 1 item (quantity of 1) to sell
- Two or more listings if you have multiple items (quantity of 2 or more) to sell. For example, if you want to sell 2 Beatles vinyl LPs, you can create 2 separate listings – one for each album
- Two or more listings for the same single item (the seller has only a quantity of 1). For example, if you only have 1 Beatles vinyl LP to sell, you can’t have 2 listings for that single item
Listings with no itemsAllowed
- Listings and products that offer physical items, digitally delivered goods, or services (such as home improvement services)
- Intangible items or things that buyers can’t confirm that they’ve received
- Items or products where the value is placed on something intangible. For example, listings that offer someone’s “soul” or a container that claims to have someone’s “soul” aren’t allowed
- Listings or products without an item or service for sale
- Listings or products that are out of stock but left active, often with a drastically increased price to prevent purchases (See the out-of-stock optionfor Good ‘Til Cancelled listings)
- Listings or products that tell people to contact the seller for info, including buying the item outside of pay4gud. (See our policy on avoiding pay4gud fees)
Placeholder or blank listings or productsNot allowed
- Blank or placeholder listings or products, including:
- Listings or products to be filled in at a later time
- Incomplete listings or products that are created to take advantage of a temporary discount on pay4gud listing fees
- Listings or products that promote an item or a service that’s for sale outside of pay4gud. (See our policy about avoiding pay4gud fees.)
Test listingsAllowed in some situations To make sure buyers don’t confuse a test listing with an actual listing, follow these guidelines:
- Use the Everything Else > Test Auctions category only
- The word “test” must appear in both the listing title and the listing description
- You can only have 10 test listings at a time
- Listing fees apply to all test listings
- Create an account that you can use to leave or receive feedback for a test listing. Don’t use the account you have for buying or selling. If we see an account that breaks this rule, that account may be subject to suspension
- Make sure the test feedback is used for testing purposes only. (If something looks amiss, we may remove test feedback to avoid problems.)
Trades or want adsNot allowed
- Listings or products that serve as want ads, where you post that you’re looking for an item
- Trades – listings or products that tell buyers you’ll accept a trade or a partial trade as payment