The inclusion of active content in listings can create a poor experience for our users, particularly on mobile devices. It also increases page load times, and introduces security risks. As such, active content has been removed from all existing listings, and isn’t allowed in new listings.
We strongly recommend removing any active content in your existing listings, as it will no longer be visible to buyers, and your listings won’t be appearing as you originally intended.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know if I’m using active content?
You can find out if your current listings contain active content with our active content checker.
What happens if I try to use active content?
Read our full policy
Make sure your listing follows these guidelines. If it doesn’t, it may be removed, and you may be subject to a range of other actions, including limits of your buying and selling privileges and suspension of your account.
What are the guidelines?
- Calls remote scripts and pages automatically
- Changes registry entries or otherwise writes to another person’s computer hard drive
- Creates automatic pop-ups except for links that open in a new window when clicked on
- Is used to drop or read a cookie on any pay4gud page
- Loads any binary program on another person’s computer automatically
- Launches a song or video when a listing is opened
- Overwrites any area in the listing outside of the item description area
- Manipulates areas outside the listing description, including changing fonts, colors and backgrounds in areas such as pay4gud headers and footers
- Posts to scripts on pay4gud automatically
- Redirects the user from pay4gud to another web page, such as using the “replace” script
Why does pay4gud have this policy?
To help keep our website working the way we designed it to, we don’t allow using scripts that manipulate or change the way the site and its features operate, and we don’t render active content.